Wednesday, August 20, 2014

What a day

Where do I start? Today has been more downs then ups.  I already knew Jody was nervous.  I cant lie I was too. This was a new dr but we wanted answers & thought ok today we will get at least a bit of the puzzle answered.  That didn't happen.
All of her drs are at UT Medical.  It makes it easy having everything right there. Plus the drs can share info through their web service. So no double tests done which is great.
We filled out the new patient forms & waited to be called. Now this was a obgyn

We have been waiting for this appointment for 3 months now. The er awhile back found a fibroid on her uterus plus she has had many cyst burst that has made her sick.
Since her last surgery in 2007 things have been alot worse. Not for sure if its cause of all the adhesions or does it have something also to do with the hole that is still open in her belly button. 

Back to today. Jody was already nervous about being there. I have been by herside for almost every appointment since 2007. But I see a sign that says no one can go back with you.  That didn't go over good at all.  She was ready to walk out. When they called her name she went back & told me they weren't touching her without me in the room. First you have to understand this kind of checkup causes her alot more pain. She is already dealing with pain from it on a daily basis.  So this just adds more.
She kept her phone on her so she could text me on what was going. The nurse was rude was first text I got. Then I was told that the nurse said when the dr exams you they dont allow anyone back. Well that set Jody off. She told the nurse she wasnt getting undressed or looked at without me back there.
Let me explain no I dont watch what the drs doing I stay by her head and hold her hand. When the pain starts getting really bad she squeezes my hand and crys. I am there for support.
The nurse tells her thats up to the dr but just sit there dont get undress then til the dr comes in.
It seemed like it took forever for the dr to come in. When my phone went silent I knew something was going on.
It wasn't a dr it was a nurse practitioner. Why not a dr? So guess what? Nope no exam just questions. And 2 more appointments. Jody has to go next week for a ultrasound then we have to wait til September 10th to see the surgeon.
Not for sure if this part is good or not but the last dr to do surgery on her over sees these drs in the operating room. 
Oh and yes I will be in there when they do the ultrasound.  I have seen the fibroid on the last one and the cyst so I know how big they were the last time. Plus there is no way Jody will allow nobody to be in there with here.
To end the day Jody is more depressed now then we started.  She feels like all we are doing is getting bounced around from 1 dr to another dr. We go to 1 appointment and we get 2 more.
It is late but just wanted to update everyone will try to add more tomorrow so you can get the whole picture of whay we are going through.

No comments:

Post a Comment